Practical guide on how to do a heavy metal detox
Exposure to toxic heavy metals is believed to be a contributing factor to symptoms such as chronic fatigue, mood disorders, and cognitive changes. Heavy metals enter the bloodstream through consumption of farmed food, contaminated water, vaccinations, dental fillings, environmental conditions, and household cleaning products. These metals travel throughout the body and penetrate the cells of various tissues and organs, where they can remain stored for years!
How is heavy metal toxicity treated? Following a heavy metal detox plan is one of the best ways to start reversing the symptoms.
The first thing is to know what exactly "heavy metals" are. Heavy metals are elements that can be toxic and very dangerous even in low concentrations. Heavy metals that can lead to toxicity are:
Research has determined that significant exposure to at least 23 different environmental metals (referred to as “heavy metals”) can contribute to acute or chronic toxicity. These metals are described as heavy because they stay in the body, especially hidden in adipose tissue (fat cells). They are hard to get rid of, making them similar to fat-soluble toxins. Body fat tries to protect the organs by trapping certain substances inside, including some metals, which makes them stick around. This is one reason why weight loss can sometimes result in heavy metal detoxification, as fat cells shrink and release dormant toxins.
There is no way to completely avoid exposure to heavy metals, considering that metals are naturally occurring elements found throughout the world in the food supply, water supply, and agriculture.
What are the signs and symptoms of heavy metal poisoning? Some of the most common warning signs that you might be intoxicated by heavy metals are:
- chronic fatigue
- Autoimmune diseases, including Lyme disease
- Poor exercise recovery and weakness
- skin irritation
- Neurological disorders
- Brain fog, concentration problems, learning difficulties and poor memory.
- Depression, manic depression and/or anxiety
- Digestive problems, such as IBS (irritable bowel syndrome)
- Chronic pain, such as those associated with fibromyalgia.
- Impaired motor control, hearing, speech, vision, and gait
Mercury poisoning is one of the most common types of heavy metal poisoning. Almost everyone in the world has at least trace amounts of mercury in their body. Because?:
- Exposure to environmental pollutants, such as traffic fumes, air pollution, food contaminants, vaccinations, cigarette smoke, or radiation.
- Having metal amalgam dental fillings (silver fillings slowly release mercury into the body).
- Eating a poor-quality diet (for example, eating farmed fish with high levels of mercury). According to the Environmental Protection Agency, the most common way we are exposed to mercury is by eating fish that contain health-hazardous heavy metals such as swordfish, shark, mackerel, and tuna. A diet that includes processed foods, especially those imported from foreign countries and not organically grown (and even plant foods grown in soils with high levels of metals) can also be a contributing factor.
- Drinking water contaminated with trace metals (such as aluminum).
- Exposure or use of household substances that contain mercury, such as adhesives, air conditioning filters, cosmetics, fabric softeners, felt, floor waxes and polishes, and talcum powder.
- Exposure to substances that contain lead, such as some chocolates, canned foods, toothpaste, old paint, insecticides, pottery and some ceramics, and soldered pipes.
- Certain vaccines.
In large quantities, mercury is one of the deadliest metals in existence. Certain studies have found that when nerves are exposed to mercury, myelin (the fatty substance that surrounds the axon of some nerve cells and helps with electrical signaling) can be severely damaged, interfering with the way nerves communicate.
Here is the opinion of a client who is also a doctor in Lisbon-Portugal:
I started recently but I already notice brutal differences in my day! More energy, more vitality This supplement is pure nature's gold! It helps to eliminate the toxins in our body that end up staying in the gastrointestinal mucosa, which is why the kidneys and liver are simply not able to eliminate them! But with alkaline it is possible to eliminate them! In addition to having an amazing amount of minerals and vitamins and other beneficial substances! This is the product that I had been looking for all my life but did not know existed! I was exhausted, I felt that my body was not doing everything I wanted, I always felt tired during the day, no vitality and I had no alterations in the analysis, no hormonal problem or any other medical problem properly speaking that would explain my symptoms! But it was starting to take alkaline that I feel much better! I feel like myself again! I advise you to learn more about this great product and its number of benefits, which are all described on their website. It is important that it be put in water WITHOUT chlorine.Beatriz Tallon
Now that you know what heavy metals are and how they affect our body, here is a plan to help eliminate toxins from your body.
The main goal of a heavy metal detox is to remove accumulated heavy metals from the brain and nervous system. The kidneys, liver, heart, lymphatic system, and respiratory system will also benefit from detoxification, such as a liver cleanse.
How are toxins removed from the body? The most common way is through chelation. Chelation therapy is a medical procedure (although it can also be done at home) that involves the administration of chelating agents such as fulvic acid to remove heavy metals from the body by binding to the molecules and allowing them to dissolve and be excreted in the body. urine.
The chelation It is essential for the natural detoxification of heavy metals because it works to promote excretion. It is recommended that it be performed by a physician as serious side effects, such as depletion of essential minerals and cognitive impairment, are possible. Other ways to detoxify the body of heavy metals include making dietary changes and using herbs and supplements, which help break down metals into smaller molecules so they can be removed from urine, feces, sweat, and even the body. breath.
First and foremost, changing your diet should be the first step in improving overall health. What foods can help remove heavy metals from the body?
As you will see later, foods that can be included in a heavy metal detox include leafy greens, other non-starchy vegetables, herbs, spices, seaweed, and other superfoods.
Green Leafy Vegetables – Greens are some of the most powerful foods for heavy metal detoxification. Try to eat some type of bitter greens every day, such as kale, Swiss chard, dandelion greens, mustard greens, arugula, spinach, or beet greens. Broccoli sprouts are another great food for providing antioxidants and reducing inflammation.
- Herbs and Spices – Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant herbs and spices like basil, parsley, oregano, rosemary, thyme, ginger, turmeric, cinnamon, and coriander can help remove heavy metals. Coriander (along with other herbs and green plants) is one of the best herbs for detoxification and can help reduce the buildup of heavy metals like mercury and lead in the body. Try adding herbs like coriander and parsley to freshly squeezed green juices.
- Foods rich in vitamin C – Fruits and vegetables rich in vitamin C can reduce the damage caused by heavy metal toxicity by acting as an antioxidant. Foods rich in vitamin C include citrus fruits such as oranges or grapefruit, green leafy vegetables such as spinach and kale, all kinds of berries, broccoli and cruciferous vegetables, kiwi, papaya, guava and bell pepper.
- Garlic and Onions – These vegetables contain sulfur that helps the liver detoxify heavy metals like lead and arsenic.
- Water – Drink 2 liters of water or vegetable juice every two hours to stay hydrated and help flush out toxins.
- Flax and chia seeds – These provide omega-3 fats and fiber that can help detoxify the colon and reduce inflammation.
- Foods to avoid during detox include:
- Farmed fish, non-organic food, food with additives and alcohol.
Supplements to take that can help overcome heavy metal poisoning include:
Eliminating heavy metals is not a simple purification of toxins. They are inorganic compounds that the body is not capable of metabolizing and therefore accumulate in organs and tissues. To get rid of them, a biochemical phenomenon called "chelation" must occur, this is where the Fulvic acid plays a very important role since it is one of the few natural substances capable of trapping the inorganic molecules of heavy metals and creating compounds that the body can eliminate through urine.
- alkaline fulvic acid It is an essential supplement to ensure health during the chelation process. Fulvic acid chelating agents bind to mercury, lead and cadmium and remove them from the system naturally. In addition, the molecular weight of fulvic acid guarantees cleansing at the cellular level, since due to its chemical composition it is one of the few natural products capable of crossing cell walls to eliminate toxins and heavy metals. It also provides our body with more than 70 vitamins and minerals, (iron, zinc, magnesium, potassium, etc...) electrolytes and 20 organic acids including Methionine. Methionine is an amino acid found in fulvic acid that helps the digestive system's ability to remove heavy metals from the body, as it can be converted into cysteine, which is a precursor to glutathione, a substance of prime importance in detoxification of the liver. The amino acid methionine is also a great antioxidant since the sulfur it provides neutralizes free radicals. Some studies have also indicated that taking methionine may increase the body's ability to excrete mercury in the urine by up to 60 percent compared to patients not taking the amino acid supplement.
- Chlorella (1-4 grams per day, or about 4-8 capsules daily) – Chlorella is a type of green algae that acts as a natural chelator to remove heavy metals, especially lead and mercury. It is a great source of chlorophyll and is "hungry" to absorb other metals. It can be taken in powder or pill form.
- Vitamin C (3,000 milligrams daily) – Acts as an antioxidant to help reduce free radicals.
- Cilantro (preferably taken as a tincture 2 times a day)
- Milk Thistle (150 milligrams taken 2 times a day, or milk thistle tea 1-3 times a day) – This is one of the most popular herbs for detoxifying the liver. Silybin is a component with the highest degree of biological activity that has strong antioxidant properties. It can act as a toxin blocking agent by inhibiting the binding of toxins to cell membrane receptors. Silymarin has been shown to reduce liver injury and is used to treat alcoholic liver disease, acute and chronic viral hepatitis, and toxin-induced liver diseases.
- Probiotics They can help improve gut detoxification and help boost immunity.
Other methods used that can increase detoxification
The "sauna" has been used for centuries to reverse the symptoms of mercury poisoning in miners in Spain. This detoxification method also prevents the kidneys from being overtaxed as toxins are removed through the pores. The dry sauna is very effective in mercury poisoning due to the fact that the mercury content is higher in sweat compared to urinary output. In other words, sweating is more efficient at removing mercury from the body.
The skin is the body's detoxification system with the largest surface area for elimination in our body. Sweating can also be induced by doing light exercises for about 20 minutes three times a day. After exercise, a low-heat sauna or spending time under low-heat infrared lights will stimulate additional sweating. With this method it is important to ensure adequate amounts of fluid are consumed to prevent dehydration and promote elimination. Electrolytes are also lost during the sweating process, so be sure to consume products like Alkaline that are rich in electrolytes.
Bathing in a bathtub filled with hot water with baking soda and epsom salts is another option to the protocols mentioned above.
ALKALINE FULVIC ACID
Alkaline® It is the most powerful bio-active solution that exists on the market. More quantity does not ensure better quality. Our research and development team has managed to find the exact extraction formula and thus naturally obtain such a high concentration that it surpasses any other similar product by at least 30% more purity. Get all the benefits of one of the richest and only sources of fulvic acid on this planet.
Not all fulvic acid supplements are created equal and do not come from the same source, be careful with metallic or clay mineral products as they can leave toxic mineral deposits in tissues.
All our batches go through rigorous quality control, so we ensure the highest quality, concentration and purity.
For shipments within Spain the cost is €4.23 (Iberian Peninsula) with free shipping from €35. For shipments to the Canary Islands the cost is €10 and free shipments from €100.
Subscribe and download the Biohacking Initiation Guide for free
If you want to know more about Biohacking and its benefits, register below and we will send you our complete guide for free today. You will also get access to our weekly newsletter in which we share tips and exclusive promotions for our registered customers. Just leave us your email below.